You cannot dump your stomach with anything or everything that your hands can lay on! Prior information regarding food is very much essential to lead a healthy life. Anything too much is too dangerous! So is sugar to your body. Too much of sugar consumption can cause imbalance in your health. Now the next question popping up in your mind is; how much is actually too much? Lets us analyze more interesting facts about sugar and its effects on your body.
Sugar and its origin
Before knowing the amount of sugar consumption, let’s discuss few interesting facts about sugar. Refined Sugar is the most popular sweetener first invented in India. It was introduced to the world when the army of Alexander first invaded India in 327 BC. People were happy to replace sugar in place of honey to sweeten food.
Types of sugar
Sugar is generally classified in two types:
- Free or added sugar: Free sugar contains mono-saccharide (such as glucose, fructose) and di-saccharides (such as sucrose or table sugar). This type of sugar is added by food and soft drinks manufacturer.
- Natural sugar: Fruits and vegetables are rich in fiber and other micro-nutrients. They are also loaded with water hence they are absolutely fine when added to your diet daily.
How much sugar is required per day?
Sadly, the answer is not as simple as the question. Some consume sugar without any fear of harm while others should avoid it depending on their pre-existing health condition. According to the proposed guidelines by World Health Organization (WHO), the maximum amount of sugar consumed by an adult of normal body mass index cannot exceed 25 grams or 6 teaspoons a day.
How to minimize sugar from your diet?
Minimizing the intake of sugar as listed below may help you in balancing your food diet:
- Soft drinks: They are beverages loaded with sugar. It contains 11-15 g of sugar. You should try to avoid such awful drinks and try to stay away from it like plague.
- Fruit juices: This is surprising that even fruit juices contain more sugar. Anything too much is too bad for health. Try to minimize the intake of fruit juices as much as you can.
- Sweets and candies: Needless to mention, they are harmful to all from a child to an adult. They can be the main reason to spoil your health.
- Baked food: You might be surprised to hear that cookies and cakes shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are rich in simple carbohydrates which is not a balanced diet.
- Canned fruits: In order to preserve fruits for a longer duration, they are mixed with added flavors and sealed in cans. They might not be as healthy as the fresh fruits.
- Avoid sugar recipes: Instead of loading your dish with sugar, one can try to add ingredients such as cinnamon, nutmeg, almond etc which helps to balance your healthy diet.
Eating healthy food is all about balancing your diet. Food high in fat or sugar can be savored but occasionally. You should ensure that majority of your diet should be included with nutritious and balanced foods.
How HYP protein bar stands out?
Just to relax you from the worry of consuming less sugar, we have come up with bars that have zero or no sugar. Our bars promise you with 10 g of proteins and zero sugar, which is good enough to balance your diet. Whether you are gym goer, athlete or sports person, you are sure to like it. You can savor any of the best variety available @ https://hyprote.in/. Your balanced food is just one click away!